IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION AND INDICATION
Do not take VIAGRA if you:
- take any medicines called nitrates, often prescribed for chest pain, or guanylate cyclase stimulators like Adempas (riociguat) for pulmonary hypertension. Your blood pressure could drop to an unsafe level
- are allergic to sildenafil, as contained in VIAGRA and REVATIO, or any of the ingredients in VIAGRA
Discuss your health with your doctor sildenafil citrate to ensure that you are healthy enough for sex. If you experience chest pain, dizziness, or nausea during sex, seek immediate medical help.
VIAGRA can cause serious side effects. Rarely reported side effects include:
- an erection that will not go away (priapism). If you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours, get medical help right away. If it is not treated right away, priapism can permanently damage your penis
- sudden vision loss in one or both eyes. Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes can be a sign of a serious eye problem called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). Stop taking VIAGRA and call your healthcare provider right away if you have any sudden vision loss
- sudden hearing decrease or hearing loss. Some people may also have ringing in their ears (tinnitus) or dizziness. If you have these symptoms, stop taking VIAGRA and contact a doctor right away.
Before you take VIAGRA, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have or have had heart problems such as a heart attack, irregular heartbeat, angina, chest pain, narrowing of the aortic valve, or heart failure
- have had heart surgery within the last 6 months
- have pulmonary hypertension
- have had a stroke
- have low blood pressure, or high blood pressure that is not controlled
- have a deformed penis shape
- have had an erection that lasted for more than 4 hours
- have problems with your blood cells such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- have retinitis pigmentosa, a rare genetic (runs in families) eye disease
- have ever had severe vision loss, including an eye problem called NAION
- have bleeding problems
- have or have had stomach ulcers
- have liver problems
- have kidney problems or are having kidney dialysis
- have any other medical conditions
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. VIAGRA may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect the way VIAGRA works, causing side effects.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take any of the following:
- medicines called nitrates
- medicines called guanylate cyclase stimulators such as Adempas (riociguat)
- medicines called alpha-blockers, such as Hytrin (terazosin HCl), Flomax (tamsulosin HCl), Cardura (doxazosin mesylate), Minipress (prazosin HCl), Uroxatral (alfuzosin HCl), Jalyn (dutasteride and tamsulosin HCl), or Rapaflo (silodosin). Alpha-blockers are sometimes prescribed for prostate problems or high blood pressure. In some patients, the use of VIAGRA with alpha-blockers can lead to a drop in blood pressure or to fainting
- medicines called HIV protease inhibitors, such as ritonavir (Norvir), indinavir sulfate (Crixivan), saquinavir (Fortovase or Invirase), or atazanavir sulfate (Reyataz)
- some types of oral antifungal medicines, such as ketoconazole (Nizoral) and itraconazole (Sporanox)
- some types of antibiotics, such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek), or erythromycin
- other medicines that treat high blood pressure
- other medicines or treatments for ED
- VIAGRA contains sildenafil, which is the same medicine found in another drug called REVATIO. REVATIO is used to treat a rare disease called pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- IAGRA should not be used with REVATIO or with other PAH treatments containing sildenafil or any other PDE5 inhibitors (such as Adcirca [tadalafil])
- VIAGRA does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
The most common side effects of VIAGRA: headache; flushing; upset stomach; abnormal vision, such as changes in color vision (such as having a blue color tinge) and blurred vision; stuffy or runny nose; back pain; muscle pain; nausea; dizziness; rash.
- VIAGRA (sildenafil citrate) is prescription medicine used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
- VIAGRA is not for women or children.
- The Blue Diamond Tablet Shape is a registered trademark of Viatris Specialty LLC, a Viatris Company.
- VIAGRA, REVATIO, and CARDURA are registered trademark of Viatris Specialty LLC, a Viatris Company.
- Please see Full Prescribing Information and Patient Information.
By participating in the VIAGRA Savings Offer Program, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions described below:
- This Savings Offer is not valid for prescriptions that are reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE, Veterans Affairs healthcare, or any other federal or state healthcare program (including any state prescription drug assistance program), or the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as “La Reforma de Salud”)
- The value of this Savings Offer is limited to $350 per use or the amount of your co-pay, whichever is less
- This Savings Offer is not valid when the entire cost of your prescription drug is eligible to be reimbursed by your private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs
- You must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf
- This Savings Offer is limited to 50% savings off the amount of your co-pay or your out-of-pocket cost, whichever is less, with a maximum savings of $350 off each prescription for up to 12 prescriptions in a calendar year. Total maximum savings for this Savings Offer are $4,200
- You must be 18 years of age or older to redeem this Savings Offer
- Patients who are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or another state or federal healthcare program may use this Savings Offer if paying for the prescription covered by this Savings Offer outside of their government insurance benefit, and no claim is submitted to Medicare, Medicaid, or any federal or state healthcare program. Such patients must not apply any out-of-pocket expenses incurred using this Savings Offer toward any government insurance benefit out-of-pocket spending calculations, such as Medicare Part D true out-of-pocket (TrOOP) costs
- You are responsible for reporting use of this Savings Offer to any private insurer, health plan, or other third party who pays for or reimburses any part of the prescription filled using
- his Savings Offer, as may be required. You should not use this Savings Offer if your insurer or health plan prohibits use of manufacturer Savings Offers
- This Savings Offer is not valid (i) for Massachusetts residents or (ii) for California residents whose prescriptions are covered, in whole or in part, by third-party insurance
- This Savings Offer is not valid where prohibited by law
- This Savings Offer is not valid for purchases of prescriptions discounted under the 340B drug pricing program
- This Savings Offer cannot be combined with any other rebate/offer, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- This Savings Offer will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- This Savings Offer is not health insurance
- This Savings Offer is good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- This Savings Offer is limited to 1 per person during this offering period and is not transferable
- No other purchase is necessary
- This Savings Offer may not be redeemed more than once per 30 days per patient